2011/03/19

Going the Distance

I've always been a hardcore Disney fan. I love the movies (especially the old school cartoons), the songs (I know most of the lyrics...some of them in different languages) and I LOVE Disney Land.

I went to Tokyo Disney Land in September 2009 with my Sis and her boyfriend... my brain was about to explode because of the cuteness and awesomeness.
(Slightly off topic: my sister told me that some kind of weightlifting championship will be held in Disneyland Paris soon...:D )

Today I downloaded "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" because it was an special offer on German  iTunes and because the video my parents bought for me and my sister when we were kids somehow disappeared.

Rewatching the movie I was reminded of how many little lessons those movies can teach children. That we need to accept people who are different, for instance. Or that people who seem to be different aren't that different after all and that we can learn a lot from them (prime example: Pocahontas)
That's why I love Disney movies so much. They are entertaining, cute and in some situations in life they can really help you out. And if it's just by reminding you of the fact that you can go the distance.

When I was a child I prefered Disney movies where animals were the main characters such as Lion King, The Fox and the Hound ("Cap und Capper"), etc. Today my top three would be:
  1. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
  2. Pocahontas
  3. Mulan.  
Okay so I'm really a Disney Lover.... but there's one thing that I just can't forgive...

haha I know the y u no guy is kind of a tumblr thing but I'm so bad ass that I made one even though I'm not on tumblr. bwahahah and you'll never get me (because I'm afraid of becoming an addict)

No comments: